Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Kids Clothes Week- DAYS 2 and 3

Second verse, same as the first.

OK it might not be the most exciting thing to see, but I've been sewing more of the same. My daughter really likes this style of dress, and they're so cute on, so it was easy to sew a couple more up. These are just some warm, every day dresses for her to wear.

I didn't get much time for pictures of these, because she couldn't wait to put one on. So far a sewing success!

All of these are made from corduroy bought from spotlight. The patterned cords are a few years old- the red bird print one ran dye like crazy when I prewashed it. It's so pretty though that I might just forgive it. I really hope it doesn't run too much more though.

I love the little bird print too. I've been sitting on these cords for a while, so it feels nice to finally sew them up.

I really wish spotlight had some new patterned corduroys coming out. My spottie was absolutely bare last time I was in! It made me quite sad. I go through corduroy so fast for winter clothes it's a bit crazy. If you see any new stock or great ones please let me know. I'll be keeping my eye out.

Sheesh, I am having a bit of trouble stringing words together today. Truth is I'm already tired. Yep, only day 3 and I'm starting to feel those late nights sewing already. But I have so much more planned. Can't stop just yet...

Oh, and just one last shot of my camellia hedge. It's going off at the moment. Isn't it lovely?



15 comments:

  1. Really cute. Those colorful birds are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Masha. They meet my little one's approvals :)

      Delete
  2. The dresses look great and I love the beautiful flowers too. Keep up the good work...Regards Kathy ps..just posted some old photos of making Anzac biscuits with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are adorable!!!!! I would love those for my Norah bean.....you have such a gift my friend!! I wish you lived closer so you could walk me through how to make one like this!!! And your hedge...ahhhh...so beautiful!!!! Happy week you!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH that would be so fun. Sewing and talking gardens. Bliss :)

      Delete
  4. Oh no, I just dumped a bag of printed cord in St Vinnies!!!!

    FM me you addie (again) and I will send you some.

    I adore pinnies on little girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think my heart stopped a little when I read that you took them to Vinnies!

      Delete
  5. Great little dresses. I've been impressed with the Scandi/designer knock off corduroys I've seen in the Spotlight catalogues, they look cool.
    And I love reading a phrase like "the camellias are going off"! Only on an Aussie blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which catalogue is that Shelley? I haven't seen them?
      P.S- Love a bit of Aussie slang :)

      Delete
  6. You have been busy! It would take me a while to sew that many things ;). Your hedge is amazing, it's too cold for camellias where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise camellias couldn't be grown in the cold. I learn something new about the garden every day :)

      Delete
  7. You have been very productive! I might need to check out this pattern, I really like the look of those pleats. I went to Spotlight this week and it was a total waste of time because they piled everything together so high that I literally could not see/find anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spotlight can be really hit and miss can't it? It's not well organised, but sometimes you find some gems!

      Delete
  8. Really gorgeous dresses, wish I could sew! Camellias are amazing, good to get the picture in while they are at their best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...