Monday, 13 April 2015

would you like a piece of pie?


Well hello there! It's been a little while.

I didn't mean to go silent for quite so long, but life got crazy there for a while. Things are still super busy, but I really wanted to pop back in here and say a huge thank you!

Thank you to all those lovely people who've been checking up on me to make sure I am OK. I am doing fine. Busy, but fine. Thank you!


Apart from the crazy few months that have passed by, things have been ticking along here. I'm still sewing. Quite a bit actually, most of it has gone un-photographed. I must remedy that. I really like having a record of some of the things I have made. Winter clothes are getting sorted out at the moment. So many things I'd still love to make, if I ever get a few spare hours! I'm digging through some of my old favourite patterns and sorting through my precious stash of Oliver + S patterns. So many things, so little time.

I'm still pottering around in my garden. It's been a slow start, after some neglect over summer. It's almost replanted for the cold season, although some bugs are giving me a hard time this year. I feel like I might be fighting a losing battle with the spinach. I'm up to my third replant. I'm not sure what keeps demolishing them, but I'm determined to have another shot at it. Those little critters don't know who they're dealing with! (What's that you say? An extremely generous replanter who keeps feeding them? Shhh, I'm fierce I tell you, FIERCE.)


It was also a massive summer for preserving. We had three sauce days! More than 60 kgs of tomatoes in bottles. A double lot of tomato sauce (ketchup), a double lot of pasta (spaghetti) sauce and tomato relish. Also some sweet chilli sauce (we had a huge crop of chillies this year) and spicy mango chutney. I'm enjoying having that in the pantry!

There's now a years worth of pesto in the freezer and 63 bottles of ginger beer brewing in the shed. I might have got a little carried away on the ginger beer front, but I wanted to have plenty stashed away ahead of some upcoming celebrations. It keeps so well in the cold over winter, that I just couldn't help myself. Goodness, I'm sure there was more, but preserving season went by in a blur.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you, and what better way to say thank you than with pie?

Warm apple pie with a sugary crust. Have a slice on me OK!



25 comments:

  1. Umm that pie looks yummy. Glad to hear that you have been busy, good to see you back here. I cannot grow spinach either, but mine always bolts when it is about 2cm tall rather than getting eaten by critters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The critters do love ths spinach don't they. Such tasty sweet leaves I guess :) I'm determined to get some growing though, I'd be lost without it! Hopefully it won't bolt on me!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! That pie, goodness, it look delicious. Glad to hear things are well in your world, and that life is keeping you busy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Nice to see your garden getting started :) Happy growing!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see a post from you, and a pie. It sounds like you've had a wonderful harvest, it will be good to have all of those delicious things in the cupboard ready for the winter. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It'd feel lost without my preserves in the cupboards these days!

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back, I checked in every now and then to see if you were back, and was hoping you were okay,and just busy. Which you were!! Look forward to reading more. Enjoy that pie, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for checking in on me. Did you end up making your treechange?

      Delete
    2. Yes!! I bought one and half acres near Pomona, the northern end of Sunshine Coast in Queensland.Am planning fencing and making compost and ... unpacking boxes... and boxes...

      Delete
    3. How exciting for you! That's a beautiful part of the world!

      Delete
  5. Good to hear from you I have missed your posts. The pie looks delicious too. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I've missed checking in with you guys- seems you've had your hands full lately as well!

      Delete
  6. Great to see you posting again. I'll agree with everyone else...that pie looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- and best of luck in your garden, when your snow has all gone!

      Delete
  7. A piece of pie you say, yes please. Good to see you back, I've missed your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are back!!!! I have thought about your beautiful garden many times as the season has started here! Beautiful pie by the way pal!!! Your happenings all sound so lovely! All the best! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Nicole! Thank you :) Love seeing your garden plans for this year!! Happy growing my friend!

      Delete
  9. Good to see you back again, we missed you! The preserving sounds awesome, and ginger beer! How wonderful to have your own stash. Oh that pie looks good, I would love a slice, but I'm on a bit of a diet wagon since easter. Went a bit berserk on the old chocolate there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh easter chocolate. Gets me every time :)

      Delete
  10. I'll take that slice thanks!!! Lovely to see you back :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummm!!!! And I am trying to be good. You just made me think about an apple pie with vanilla ice cream :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am so glad you are back.wow you have many tomato sauce and ketchup.the pie looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!
    have a nice week,
    regina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...